Experience of using Equilibrium®, Bioiberica's synergistic biostimulant, in almond tree
Friday, 26 March 2021Field Experience | Frut trees
Effect of Equilibrium® in increasing the size of the almond kernel (Penta).
- 5 PLOTS (rainfed, irrigated, high density)
- Ciudad Real
- 2 years of study
- 100 unit data
- 8 parameters to study
- Fruit characteristics
- NUMBER OF DATA: + 64,000
2nd: Petals fall
3rd: Stone hardening
- Treatment 0: Control.
- Treatment 1: Pre-flowering.
- Treatment 2: Post-flowering.
- Treatment 3: Pre-hardening.
- Treatment 4: Pre-flowering + Post-flowering.
- Treatment 5: Pre-flowering + Pre-hardening.
- Treatment 6: Post-bloom + Pre-hardening.
- Treatment 7: Pre-bloom + Post-bloom + Pre-hardening.
Equilibrium® dose used: 0.3%
Mixture volume: 1,200 L/ha.
Average for each year and treatment for each zone and for each character studied:
Total Average dry weight (shell & kernel):
The 2 applications of Equilibrium® in Pre-flowering & Post-flowering (T4) and the 3 applications in Pre-flowering, Post-flowering & Bone hardening (T7) provide an increase of 17% & 20% respectively to the Total dry weight (shell + kernel) from kernel cv. Penta.
Average kernel weight:
The 2 applications of Equilibrium® in Pre-flowering & Post-flowering (T4) and the 3 applications in Pre-flowering, Post-flowering & stone hardening (T7) provide an increase of 14% & 18% respectively to the average kernel weight cv. Penta, a variety characterized by a low kernel weight.
Remote sensing: NDVI index tracking
The vigor index (NDVI) remains lower in the treatment with Equilibrium®, which is consistent with the higher proportion of future almonds.
- The trial, in the Penta variety, in 2 campaigns and 5 localities, with different cultivation systems (rainfed, irrigated and high density), it has shown that the best treatments with Equilibrium® are achieved with 2 and 3 applications of the biostimulant in Pre-flowering, Post-flowering and stone hardening (T7) providing an 18% increase in the weight of the kernel.
- Likewise, the priority is the early application (2 applications in pre and post-flowering - T4) of Equilibrium®, in Penta variety, that is characterized by a low kernel weight.