Scientific Publications

Cera-Trap®

Comparison of attractivs and traps for the capture of fruit flu in orange (Citrus sinensis L. osbeck)

May 2021
Scientific articles | Cera-Trap®

Despite management programs and control systems established to date in citrus for fruit flies, it remains a major phytosanitary problem for orange crop in Mexico, mainly due to lack of viable alternatives and economic conditions for small farmers. In this experiment, a higher incidence of Anastrepha ludens was detected, followed by A. obliqua and in less quantity A. striata. The trap-attractant binomial with best capture effectiveness was Ceratrap-PET, followed by Ceratrap-Multilure. The fem...

Electrophysiological Responses of the Mediterranean Fruit Fly, Ceratitis capitata, to the Cera Trap® Lure: Exploring Released Antennally-Active Compounds

March 2021
Scientific articles | Cera-Trap®

The Mediterranean fruit fly (medfly), Ceratitis capitata, is a worldwide pest of agriculture able to use olfactory cues to locate habitat, food sources, mates and oviposition sites. The sensitivity of medfly olfaction has been exploited to develop olfactorybased attractants that are currently important tools for detection, control and eradication of its populations. Among these is Cera Trap® (BIOIBERICA, S.A.U.), a cost-effective bait. Here we ...

Evaluation of three types of traps for Mediterranean flies Ceratitis capitata (Wiedemann) in Acatenango, Guatemala, C.A.

November 2020
Posters | Cera-Trap®

In 2018, coffee represented 8.5% of exports in Guatemala, which places it as the second mostIn 2018, coffee represented 8.5% of exports in Guatemala, which places it as the second mostcommercialized good in the country, after textiles (Banco de Guatemala, 2018). In 2016 the coffee sectorrepresented 2.5% of the country's GDP. Coffee cultivation tasks employ 125 thousand people. 97% of themare small coffee growers responsible for 47% of the national production. Adding to that the rest of thepe...

Evaluation of three types of traps for Mediterranean flies Ceratitis capitata (Wiedemann) in Santa Rosa, Guatemala, C.A.

November 2020
Posters | Cera-Trap®

In the south-east area of Guatemala, until 2005 a total of 275.30 hectares were dedicated to mandarinIn the south-east area of Guatemala, until 2005 a total of 275.30 hectares were dedicated to mandarinproduction, of which 78% (214.73 ha) are concentrated in the department of Santa Rosa, with themunicipalities of Chiquimula, Oratorio, Taxisco and Pueblo Nuevo Viñas; then 13% (35.78 ha) are in thedepartment of Jutiapa and the remaining 9% (24.75 ha) are in the department of Jalapa (Hernánde...

Evaluación de tres tipos de trampas para moscas del Mediterráneo Ceratitis capitata (Wiedemann) en Zacapa, Guatemala, C.A.

November 2020
Posters | Cera-Trap®

In Guatemala, the harvest season covers from February to June, and of the total production, it is estimatedIn Guatemala, the harvest season covers from February to June, and of the total production, it is estimatedthat 80% is exported to the United States market, and only the remaining 20% is destined for the regionalmarket and the European Union (EU). The departments in which mango production is focused areRetalhuleu, Santa Rosa, Suchitepéquez, Escuintla, San Marcos, and Jutiapa, among oth...

Bioibérica, S.A.U.

SALES OFFICES
Plaza Francesc Macià, 7
08029 Barcelona
Spain
+34 93 490 49 08

MANUFACTURING SITE
C. Antic Camí de Tordera, 109-119
08389 – Palafolls (Barcelona)
Spain
Tel: +34 93 765 03 90

NEWSLETTER

captcha