Terramin® Pro: new tool to improve the efficient use of nitrogen
The role of Nitrogen in the production of crops is well known and, therefore, the use of nitrogen fertilizers has increased in recent decades to generate serious environmental and health pollution situations. Faced with this reality, the European Commission has launched the Green Deal to promote more sustainable agriculture, in which it has been proposed to reduce excess nutrients by 50% and the use of fertilizers by 20% by 2030, among other measures. Terramin® Pro is Bioiberica's new biostimulant based on a high concentration of high-quality L-α-amino acids that enhances the autochthonous soil microbiota, optimizes natural resources and fertilization, improving the efficient use of nutrients, and in particular of nitrogen.
- Organic nitrogen fast assimilated by the microbiota and roots, entirely derived from L-α-amino acids.
- Increases root development and improves the natural conditions of the rhizosphere thanks to the high content of organic matter.
- It optimizes fertilization by improving the efficient use of nutrients, in particular nitrogen (NUE) and carbon fixation, stimulating those microbiological communities that help the mobilization and supply of nutrients to the roots.
- Its enhancing effect on soil health has been scientifically validated by reference entities (Biome Makers Inc. and the University of Granada).
- Certified for use in organic farming (EU, NOP).
When to use Terramin® Pro?
- In intensive agriculture systems, with high agricultural activity and crop rotation.
- In impoverished or degraded soils that need biological regeneration.
- In areas vulnerable to nitrate contamination or in fertilizer unit reduction strategies.
- In organic production due to the high content of liquid organic nitrogen.
- To improve the sanitary conditions of the soil and roots at any time.
- It can be applied in mixtures with other fertilizers or phytosanitary products and in combination with probiotics (mycorrhiza, rhizobacteria, etc.) to enhance its effect.
*Fresh Foliar Biomass
- The use of Terramin® Pro in optimal conditions of fertilization with nitrates is a very adequate and effective strategy to increase the efficiency and recovery of plants from nitrogen fertilizers in agriculture, improving crop yield, reducing economic costs, and reducing environmental degradation caused by the excessive application of nitrate-based fertilizers.
In nitrogen-limiting areas, treatment with Terramin® Pro is a very useful technique in the development of crops, and also in intensive agricultural areas without nitrogen deficit, it allows reducing the use of nitrogen fertilizers without impairing crop yields, which which reduces costs and environmental impact.